This Presidential election is right around the corner, and people in several states are voting already. In terms of our need for great RESULTS based on the leadership of our next President, this is a crucial election. On the other hand, the campaigning has often been an unpleasant experience. Neither Donald Trump nor Hillary Clintoan is perfect. No one is. They are both good at attacking each other. To many of us, parts of the campaign have been disgusting.
So what do we do? In my humble opinion we should vote for sure, and we should vote for the candidate most likely to produce the RESULTS we want, the RESULTS that America needs and will be good for the world we live in as well. Voting based on one political party or the other, or voting based on the gender of the candidate doesn’t focus on RESULTS.
Voting for a third party or independent candidate is useless because none of them are going to win.
Assuming that most of you will agree with the list of wanted and badly needed RESULTS listed below, let’s look at those RESULTS we want and ask ourselves whether Donald or Hillary is more likely to produce those results:
1) We want an independent President who is not depending on holding public office to be able to live off taxpayers, or who has built their fortune based on their political career and wishes to continue doing that. Winner is Trump.
2) We want a President who is not seeking to be President in oreder to be famous, have a big salary and a great place to live, regardless of what RESULTS he/she produces. Winner is Trump.
3) We want a President who will help our economy by making the first $25,000 of earned income free of any federal income tax for all Americans, by reducing tax rates for all businesses, by making it affordable for Ameiccan companies to bring back over a trillion dollars held overseas to avoid high taxes, by reducing regulations to make it easier to start new businesses, by reducing foolish government spending in order to start paying off part of the awful and dangerous 20 Trillion dollars of national debt (such as by making it illegal for government agencies to spend money simply to avoid losing the budgeted money in years to come, as when the VA administrators buy beds and stack them to the ceiling in areas that veterans would otherwise be able to be hospitalized in). Winner is Trump.
4) We want a Presdent who is very likely to crush ISIS and its severe threats of terrorist violence to Americans and the world, and a President who is likely to make our military strong enough so that no one would mess with our country or its values or allies. Winner is Trump.
5) We want a President who will generally protect the security of America, by following our immigration laws and securing our borders, and by not allowing thousands of immigrants to come to America without us knowing if it is safe to do so. We want a President who will allow legal immigration to be done on a reasonably doable basis, properly, which will also help discourage illegal immigration. Winner is Trump.
I’m sure there are more items we could go over. But, in terms of likely RESULTS, it seems obvious that we should vote for Trump. We seriously need changes that will be good for all Americans and for our country in general. Or, don’t vote, or vote for someone else if you don’t care about the RESULTS.
Feel free to post your thoughts about this blog, and thanks for your attention to it.
Your friendly problem solver,
Dr Ed Marshall